Friday, July 01, 2005

Sandra's Day is Done

Today, Sandra Day O'Connor announced her retirement from the Supreme Court. I have to say that this is a joyous day for the Banshee. I make it my policy not to criticize any Supreme Court Justice too harshly due to the fact that they have all recieved degrees from law schools that would not have granted me admission and they have all achieved far more after graduation than I can realistically aspire to achieve. However, I will say that Sandra Day O'Connor is my least favorite justice out of the nine. Why? It's largely because her never-ending quest for compromise has made her extremely unpredictable and apparently unprincipled in her judicial theory. Nonetheless, Justice O'Connor is noteworthy as the first woman to sit on the High Court. FOX News has provided a timeline of Justice O'Connor's life.