Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Not dead yet ...

Well, I got a preliminary diagnosis on my personal computer. It has not been pronounced dead yet, but it's still in ICU. The computer doctor is still working on it. I do sometimes have my work laptop available at my apartment. However, I do work for the government, and I do not think it's appropriate to use government resources to post most of the things that I post on here. Especially the political views.

That being said, I couldn't resist a quick update. So much has occurred since my laptop went down on Sunday the 7th of November. For one thing, Dale Jr. won the Phoenix race and the overall standings have been shuffled and tightened.

The President's cabinet has also been shuffled. Most noteably, John Ashcroft has resigned as Attorney General and Colin Powell has resigned as Secretary of State. This afternoon, President Bush announced that he has chosen Dr. Condoleezza Rice to replace Powell as head of the State Department. For the reasons discussed above, I do not want to get too political from this computer. But I will say that I wholeheartedly approve of this choice. Any woman whose real dream in life is to be the commissioner of the NFL is okay in my book. Even the President noted this ambition in his comments to the press this afternoon.