Friday, April 02, 2004

Those Who Trespass by Bill O'Reilly

Bill O'Reilly, host of Fox News Channel's "The O'Reilly Factor" and author of several best selling books that cover similar topics to his show, has recently tried his hand at writing fiction. The book is called Those Who Trespass. It is a book about murder and mayhem in the television news industry. I finished reading this book earlier this week. I would have to say that the book is mediocre at best. There is sex and language and violence. None of it is necessary and none of it is compelling. As an aspiring novelist myself, I originally felt some frustration that this book is in bookstores while mine lives in my closet. But then I remembered that I am a great believer in the market, and publishers provide what the market demands. I purchased Those Who Trespass because Bill O'Reilly's name is on it, and that is why the book is in print. However, I do not recommend reading it.