Saturday, March 12, 2005

Vanity Plates

Here in the Old Dominion, vanity license plates are not expensive. As a result, they are plentiful. Most are pretty standard. Initials. A first name. Stuff like that. But, some are pretty unique. A lot of cars have sports related plates. A car that I park near everyday has a plate that reads "5 FAN" in honor of Terry Labonte. Too bad that Kyle Busch drives that car now. One of Baby Sister's co-workers has plates that read "HAIL DC" in honor of the Redskins (Hint: "Hail to the Redskins ...."). A die-hard Virginia Tech fan over in Lynchburg has plates that read "HOO HTR" to show his disdain for UVA.

I actually got the idea for this post when I was boxed in by two cars with vanity plates. The plates directly in front of me said, "2ENLOVE." That kind of made me roll my eyes. I glanced to my left to pass that lovey-dovey car and saw perhaps the ultimate vanity plate message. It said, "READ THS."

If you have a cool vanity plate or have seen something clever, please leave a comment.