Friday, August 20, 2004

Talk like a pirate day

International Talk Like a Pirate Day is traditionally held on September 19. Since that day falls on a Sunday (a non work day for most people) in 2004, Talk Like a Pirate Day will actually be Talk Like a Pirate Weekend this year. It will begin on September 17 and extend through the 19th.

What am I talking about? Well, it's simply a day where people all over the world choose to talk like a pirate.

I first heard about this day when I checked out the home page of someone who left a comment on this site (www.allkindsoftime.blogspot.com). The idea was born when two guys started talking silly while playing raquetball. Then they decided they needed a whole day of that silly talk. A couple years later, syndicated columnist, Dave Berry, heard about the day and spread the word. Now it is something of an international phenomenon. You can read all about it at the Talk Like a Pirate Day website.

So avast, me mateys, and prepare to participate in the day, or I'll be introducin' ya to the tip o' me sword!