Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Battle of the Number 2's

Tonight the candidates for Vice President will square off in a debate in Cleveland, OH. My first thought on the veep debate was that no one but the most devoted political junkies would bother to watch an event like this. But then I remembered that the vice presidential debate can be quite exciting. While the top men on the ticket have to appear presidential, the vice presidential candidates can take the gloves off and throw haymakers at the opposing ticket. So, there is a reason to watch this debate. If you're reading this post after the debate has already occurred, you can probably still catch a replay on C-SPAN. Of course, I will post my thoughts on this website. But, I'll be watching the debate on tape. Political haymakers or no, no debate trumps a Yankees playoff game.