Monday, October 25, 2004

Blogging a Novel

I'm guessing that a few of you out there secretly have the burning desire to be a published writer. And, based on some stuff I've seen on the shelves at Walden's, I'm guessing that some of you have the talent. Discipline and exposure seem to be the main difficulties for many of us.

Well, Blogger may have the solution to both of those problems. November is National Novel Writing Month. Blogger has decided to help aspiring writers in the month of November. They have set up a special site to help writers blog their way to a published novel. To learn more, visit http://www.blogger.com/knowledge/2004/10/blogging-your-novel-part-one.pyra. Then simply follow the directions on this page and start typing.

I have not decided for sure whether or not I will be participating in this event. I finished writing an unpublished novel about 5 years ago, and I am considering posting daily installments on a specially created blog.

If any of you would like to participate but need a little more info or encouragement, don't hesitate to contact me.