Friday, January 02, 2004

Adding on to Mimi's Thoughts on Idealism

Mimi's thoughts on idealists appear to be right in keeping with the concepts in Philippians 4:12-13. Paul says, "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Therefore, an idealist does not have to give up fighting for dreams that seem impractical to others because all things -- all things -- can be accomplished through Christ. And even when reality does fall short of the ideal, the idealist does not need to despair because true happiness is not found in any worldly victories anyway. It seems to me that it would be much harder to deal with the frustrations and disappointments of being an idealist if you are not a person of faith.