Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Fame on the Net

Eblogger, the engine behind Banshee Blog, has a post on the log-in site claiming that blogs can be an avenue to getting a book deal. The example that they use is Wil Wheaton who recently signed a three book deal. For those of you Trekies out there, yes, this is the Wil Wheaton. The actor who played Ensign Wesley Crusher on The Next Generation. Now, I've made no secret about the fact that I hope to ride Banshee Blog all the way to national fame. But, I'm not sure it's realistic for Eblogger to suggest that any mere mortal can have the same success that Wes Crusher has had. After all, the man became a diety who surpassed even Q in terms of intergallactic power. I apologize for the extreme nerdiness of this post, but I'm sure some of you out there were wondering what Wes Crusher was up to these days.