Tuesday, May 25, 2004

American Idol

So, I watched the final showdown episode of American Idol this evening. This was really the first episode that I watched this year, and I must say that I was shocked. I wasn't shocked so much by the fact that Diana was extremely flat in every single song as by the fact that Simon, Randy and Paula kept praising her voice. I thought it was absolutely awful. At one point, my family actually muted the TV because we were afraid of doing permanent damage to my cat's ears. But, don't take this to be a vote of confidence in Fantasia. She had tons of spunk, but I was offended by her need to do her own arrangement of the Gershwin classic "Summertime." Oh well, enough bashing of those who dare to perform in public. After all, we can't all be great vocalists like say ... Tim McGraw or Stephen Tyler. But, in all honesty, I think I'd sooner buy a Smarty Jones cd than anything done by these two chicks.