Monday, June 14, 2004

Bansheemobile Update II (or ... when it rains it pours)

The Bansheemobile suffered another injury over the weekend. Someone smashed the passenger side window while the car was parked in the lot at Perfection Auto Body. In case you may have forgotten, my car is at Perfection Auto Body because I was the victim of a reckless driver on June 1. Nothing was stolen out of my car because I had already taken everything valuable, including the face to my stereo, out of the car before allowing some stranger to tow it away on the night of the accident. The would-be thief could have avoided damaging my car if he would have just shined a light inside to see that the stereo could not be stolen. Of course, the would-be thief could also have avoided damaging my car by just pulling on the door handle. For whatever reason, the auto body shop had left my car unlocked on their lot.

I personally suffered some minor cuts while investigating the condition of the interior of my car. Like a child, I assumed that I could kneel on a seat that was covered in glass without sustaining any injuries just because the glass didn't cut my hands when I picked up a sample.