Thursday, June 10, 2004

Ronald Reagan - Truth Teller

I wasn't sure just what I wanted to say about a man I admired so much. Would I write about his diplomacy, his economics, or his patriotism?

As I thought about these things I came again and again to the fact that in every situation Reagan didn't come up with brillaint new theories or revisions of history - he simply spoke the truth. Communism was evil. People spend their money better than the government does. Abortion is the taking of a life. America is a great country with great people.

When Reagan spoke the truth people responded. His ideas resonated with so many people because they confirmed what the average American already knew in their heart.

What I want to do to honor Ronald Reagan is to be brave enough to tell the truth, to stand up and speak the truth even when intellectuals scoff, to speak the truth with kindness even though it may make some people feel uncomfortable, and to have confidence that the truth will stand the test of time.

Thank you Ronald Reagan.